Thursday, June 28, 2012

Be Our Guest

My first step into this new world called the blogosphere began on New Year’s Day.
2010.
That’s the day I wrote my first words in something I titled, “My Journey Through Unemployment.”
Over the last 30 months, the blog has evolved.
To say the least.
A lot of words about unemployment.
And a lot of words about food.

And music.
And more food.
And family.
And quite honestly whatever has been on my mind.
As I embark on a new chapter of my life.

Called parenthood.
Again.
I’m sure that too will become a pretty common topic in my blog.
Especially as I continue to search for my next job.
But today, my blog is not about me.
It’s about someone I met through my blog.
Her name is Christina McCale.
Dr. Christina McCale.
Recently the good doctor asked if she could write a guest blog about her life.
And her unemployment.
In a word, I said... YES!
Dr. McCale, or Chris, is the author of a book titled “Waiting for Change.”
“It’s a book about unemployment and how it impacts every part of someone’s life:  housing, the job hunt, kids, emotional health, and food.”
Don’t I know.
But those are her words not mine.
Today she has provided us more of her words.
750 of them.
Telling the story of her story.
Which is not much different than mine.
And maybe yours.
If you’ve got an extra five minutes, I encourage you to click the link to my "old" blog:
I think it's well worth it.

Thank you.



If you are interested in writing a guest blog, please feel free to contact me at sirbacon123@yahoo.com.