Saturday, July 23, 2011

11 Degrees of @KevinBacon


My name is Sir Bacon.
And I'm a Twitterholic.
There!
I admitted it.
Are you happy?
Twitter is not only addicting.
But it's amazing.
I love that I can get all of my news.
And sports
And jokes.
In 140 characters.
Or less.
In real time.
On twitter you don't have to be a leader.
You can follow anybody you want.
From a wide range of food groups.
For music, I love @MissyHiggins.
And @Eminem.
And @GreasyLake... for all of my Springsteen news.
As a diehard sports fan, I follow @DAVIDprice14.
My fantasy baseball pitcher.
And @JaValeMcGee34.
My fantasy basketball center.
And @ErinAndrews.
My fantasy...
Oh, never mind.
For the funnies, there's a lot more than @Chris Rock.
@SarahKSilverman always cracks me up.
And if you really want to go into the gutter.
Try @JennyJohnsonHi5.
But no matter your taste.
There's plenty out there for you.
Another cool thing about twitter.
Is you can see who follows who.
Or is it whom follows whom?
Either way.
I was surprised to see that @KingJames (LeBron) follows @TheEllenShow (DeGeneres).
@TheEllenShow follows @icecube.
@icecube follows @ConanOBrien.
It's a vicious cycle.
We could go on all day.
Now for those of you who haven't made the jump from facebook.
To twitter.
Shame on you.
Sure they both come from the social networking family tree.
But they are oh so different.
Let me explain.
On twitter you can follow anybody you want.
Even if they don't follow you.
On facebook, you can friend anybody you want.
But they can ignore you.
Most of the people you follow on twitter.
Are people you've never met.
Your friends on facebook.
Are real friends.
Or at least people you chose to accept.
As real friends.
If you don't want to be friends with someone who friends you on facebook.
Just ignore them.
It's not rude.
It's facebook.
This whole LeBron, Ellen, Ice Cube, Conan circle is what twitter is all about.
Figure out what you like.
And follow them.
If you want to create that same circle on facebook.
It can be done.
I suppose.
But its a lot more challenging.
I played my own game of six degrees of Kevin Bacon.
To see how long it would take for me to have a friend.
Of a friend.
Of a friend.
Of Kevin Bacon.
On facebook.
Problem is Kevin Bacon doesn't have a facebook page.
But he and his brother do.
They are called the “Bacon Brothers.”

Of course they are.
Why wouldn’t they be.
Well the Bacon Brothers, the talented music group, do have a facebook page.
With 4980 friends.
So how hard could it possibly be to connect these dots.
And find one of my friends.
Who is a friend.
Of a friend.
Of the Bacon Brothers.
I started my journey with JuJu Chang.
The ABC News reporter.
And friend of Sir Bacon.
Well, Stewart Bacon on facebook.
Juju has 3929 friends.
Good start.
Juju is friends with Howard Kurtz.
The Washington Bureau Chief for Newsweek.
He's got 4265 friends.
On facebook.
One of those friends is Steve Case.
The AOL guy.
4903 friends.
And did you know he is a fan of U2.
That's what it says on his page.
Well Steve is a friend with Morgan Spurlock.
The super-sized guy.
A movie guy.
Hey, we are getting somewhere.
Well Morgan has 4941 friends.
And one of those friends is Mark Cuban.
The multi-gazillionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks.
Who has 4809 friends.
37 of which are named Adam.
Just one named Eve.
One of the Adams is Adam Duritz.
Lead singer of the Counting Crows.
Well Duritz is friends with Mr. Roast.


Jeffrey Ross.
Ross is friends with Artie Lange.
Artie Lange is friends with Ben Stiller.
And drum roll please.
Stiller is friends with...  the Bacon Brothers.
After that long and winding road.
We finally found our home.


Soup to Nuts.


Actually Bacon to Bacon.

Stewart Bacon -- Juju -- Kurtz -- Case -- Spurlock -- Cuban -- Duritz -- Ross -- Lange -- Stiller -- Bacon Brothers.
11 Degrees.
To find Kevin Bacon.
And his brother.
On facebook.
Yet another reason why I love twitter.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you did all this you either need to find a job worse than you know or find a hobby or something to occupy your time.